The Lion Hotel stands at the top of Bridge Street. At the end of the building Bull Yard can be seen through the archway which was used by stage coaches. As well as the usual coach traffic, tours of the Dukeries ran from here, taking Victorian day trippers to see the ducal estates that surround Worksop. Within the yard, the Georgian tenement buildings were the homes of poorer people while the more affluent had houses facing the street. There are two mounting blocks here used for mounting a horse when leaving the nearby stables. A drainpipe on the Lion Hotel shows the date 1749.
In Bridge Street the Georgian upper storeys of the inns and many of the shops have survived. On the right, the timber building with the overhanging first storey was the George Inn which owned the Dragon brewery at the rear.