Along Potter Street, the Boundary Inn divides the original manors of Radford, where the Priory stands, and Worksop.
Although no longer the smart thoroughfare it once was, Potter Street was the most important street in medieval times, linking the Priory with Worksop and the Castle. Originally it was lined with timber houses but when the Duke and Duchess of Norfolk rebuilt Worksop Manor as a vast Georgian palace in 1765, the route through the town was rebuilt with elegant Georgian houses, although some of the original timber buildings remain behind Victorian brick facades. Many of these Georgian houses were demolished in the 20th century.
Opposite the junction with Watson Road is a former malt kiln, now converted into a house. Malting was the most important industry in Worksop in the 19th century, with about 30 maltsters in business in 1860. These small malt houses closed when larger steam-driven kilns were later built near the railway.
33 - 35 Potter Street was built as the home of Henry Dunstan, Sheriff of Nottingham in 1745. In the 19th century it was the Pestalozzian Boarding School, specialising in a scientific education, founded by Dr Heldenmaier of Switzerland. In the 20th century the building was the Masonic Hall.