For further information please go to Worksop History
The Worksop Railway Act was passed in the House of Lords on July 7 1846 and the Manchester, Sheffield and Lincolnshire Railway Company engaged architects Weightman and Hadfield who used the local company James Drabble of Carlton in Lindrick to build the station at a cost of 7,850 using white Steetley Stone. The station opened on 7 July 1849. In 1875 the Midland Railway Company opened a branch line to Nottingham and Mansfield and the Station Hotel was built at that time.
The Manchester, Sheffield and Lincolnshire Railway Company changed its name to the Great Central Railway in 1897 and built the canopy, longer platforms, waiting areas and refreshments rooms in 1900.