Memorial Avenue and Memorial Gardens were built in remembrance of the men of Worksop who died in the First World War. Memorial Avenue was opened by King George V and Queen Mary on 9th July 1928. A library opened 10 years later which now houses the Tourist Information Centre. A new library has been built next door.
The War Memorial can be seen in the centre of the road. It was unveiled by General Sir Horace Smith Dorrien in June 1925. There is also a War Memorial at St Anne's Church and a memorial to those that lost their life in the South African War outside the Town Hall.